New student and kindergarten registration
We look forward to meeting new families!
If you are new to the area, you can enroll your student(s) throughout the school year and during the summer months. Please contact our student information assistant, Patricia Kirkpatrick at 703-227-2600">703-227-2600 or by email at @email. The items to bring with you are
- proof of birth/citizenship (original birth certificate)
- a transfer slip or report card from the previous school
- a certificate of a physical examination for elementary students
- proof of residency (copy of lease, home purchase contract)
- evidence of immunization (Virginia Law requires every new student to be immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio, mumps, measles, German measles (rubella). Hepatitis B (HBV) is required for all children born on or after January 1st, 1994. For the Varicella (Chickenpox) Vaccine, all susceptible children born on and after January 1, 1997 shall be required to have a dose of chickenpox vaccine not earlier than the age of 12 months.
You can also access registration forms through the FCPS website.
- Home languages other than English
- Foreign exchange students requiring I-20 student visas
- Students whose natural parents or legally adoptive parents do not reside in Fairfax County
- Tuition-paying student
- Students in foster care placed by other Virginia counties or by out-of-state agency
A child may enter kindergarten if he or she turns five on or before September 30 of the year he or she enters school.
Centre Ridge ES will have information available in late March or early April for parents of incoming kindergarteners, and we'll be holding orientation sessions. Please contact our student information assistant, Patricia Kirkpatrick at 703-227-2600">703-227-2600 or by email at @email.
Registration requirements documents and translations are available in Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, Korean, Spanish, Urdu, and Vietnamese. For recorded information about registration, please call 703-204-6795">703-204-6795.